Thursday, March 19, 2009

Overwhelmed

Do you ever feel like you're drowning in life? Lately I've been feeling more and more like that. Nothing "big" or dramatic has happened lately. Little by little things are just piling up, and while we are trying to stay positive and hopeful, I think it's getting to be too much. We still haven't sold our home in Big Timber and Papa Echo's job is still "up in the air". There doesn't seem to be anything that we can do. As long as we've been married, we've always been able to come up with plans to fix our problems. This just seems to be too big to fix. I feel like we are just chipping away at a huge granite boulder that is in our life. I. want. it. gone.

But, there is nothing that can be done and no way to get rid of that boulder. So, I try to put on my happy face and get the kids to school. Put on my happy face and go to work. Put on a happy face and be a good mom when the kids get home. Put on my happy face and be a supportive and loving wife. And then when everyone is in bed and asleep, I worry and feel like I'm drowning. I know I'm not the only one. But it sure does feel lonesome sometimes.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Seriously, I could just copy and paste this entry into my blog. You are not the only one. I have been overwhelmed with a feeling of helplessness, and now Nathan has a job, but things aren't all that much better because of the house in BT. I have to speak in church this Sunday, and I have had such a hard time. I feel like I have no spiritual insights to offer anyone. I can barely stay positive on any given day.

tif-do said...

DIDO... it's to bad we all live so far away from each other, because it would be a perfect time for a girls R and R weekend or something. I hope things start to turn around for you.

Anonymous said...

Everyone feels that from time to time even without the major stressors you are facing. Knowing the two of you as well as I do though I know you will find a way through this. There will be a plan that works one of these days! Somehow, someway! In the meantime you have an excellent pool of family and friends who love you, are great listeners and will help out however they can.

-V

Stimey said...

I have different problems, but totally get what you say about being overwhelmed. And it is so hard. I'm sorry you're so stressed. Hang in there, friend. Big hugs to you!