You're gonna miss this,
You're gonna want this back,
You're gonna wish these days,
Hadn't gone by so fast.
These are some good times.
So take a good look around,
You may not know it now,
But you're gonna miss this.
So, here is a list of things I will miss in seven to twelve years. (big sad sigh)
I will miss:
- The shredded paper, toys, pencils, books, necklaces, hair ties, shoes, socks, school papers, notes, more paper, art projects, cardboard tubes made into ANYTHING, more paper, paper and PAPER all around my house except for where it belongs.
- Tucking my kids into bed.
- My kids curling up next to me to watch a movie.
- Requests of ice cream for dinner. (Have I ever said yes? and yet they still ask)
- Teaching them how to read and write their own name.
- Stories of school and friends.
- Playing "airplanes" for the 100th time that week.
- Watching their creativity.
- All the questions.
- Seeing their different personalities develop. And boy is each child different!
- Reading school papers.