Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Confession Time

I always tease Papa Echo about how "analytical" he is. I'll point it out during arguments, when I'm trying to have fun, and pretty much any 'ol time I think about it. I pretend I'm not analytical at all.

Confession time?

I'm pretty darn analytical too. I try to hide it... I try to hide my OCD issues also. Usually I'm pretty good at it. Until I get stressed. And then? My best coping mechanism seems to be lining things up. (pun intended)

I'm finding that I'm stressed this Holiday season. Papa Echo is gone. (If I haven't whined about that enough so far...) We always go shopping together, write cards together, (well, he is on the computer while I sit next to him addressing the envelopes) and pretty much do all the Christmas "stuff" together throughout the month of December. Knowing that 'that' wasn't going to happen, I have been stressed and with being stressed comes my OCD/analytical behavior.

I have all the Christmas cards done and mailed. I have all my shopping done (except for a few things) and some of it even wrapped. I have NEVER had presents wrapped early. I always wait.

Some would say that it's good that today is November 30th and I am this 'ahead' of the game. To me? It is just a reminder that I'm not dealing as well with this new job as I think I am. I'm doing my best and putting on a happy face, but this is hard. And that's the truth. I'm analytical and it's showing 'big time' right now.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well OCD or not you are way ahead of me - where can I get some of that? I think stress is the name of the game this season and the fact that you have turned your stress and OCD into a productive coping mechanism proves that you are handling this as well as could possibly be expected. Good for you!

And by the way it should be CDO, 'cause then it is in alphabetical order like it should be!)

V

Stimey said...

I'm sorry you're so stressed. That sucks. It's especially hard around Christmas.

That said, I'm also a little jealous of your ahead-of-the-game-ness.

Michelle said...

I could not believe it when I received your card on Dec 1st!!! I haven't even taken a photo for mine yet. I am sorry about the stress of having your husband gone. I feel for you. It was really hard for me when Nathan worked out of state. You need a hobby that really consumes you (like writing novels). That's how I survived. :)

Michelle said...

P.S. Can I give you some of my stress? I was just called to be the Primary President. Oh, stop laughing! I know you wish you were me right now. ;0