Monday, January 11, 2010

Don't Say That!

While I was eager to be done with 2009 and all that surrounds that year, it looks like we sheltered our kids from all the stresses and concerns.

Jessica: "Our life is kinda boring."
Papa Echo: "Really?"
Jessica: "Yeah, I just wish something exciting would happen."
Papa Echo (while preparing for yet another job interview): "Hmmm, you really shouldn't have said that."
Jessica: "Well, I mean, I don't want to move or anything..."

So, a job loss, mom going back to work, a complete change in finances, and struggling to sell a home is not exciting enough... Oy...

I guess it's good that we don't communicate all problems/excitement with our kids?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahh, the innocence of babes, it'll be shattered soon enough. She'll learn quick enough that you don't say those things aloud.

Jessica is somewhat artistic though, Alyssa may have a different take on things . . .

However, I have no doubt that you are doing a great job as a mom!!! On to 2010!!!

V