Thursday, August 30, 2012

One Year Anniversary

We have officially been in Australia for one year.  Here are some of my favorite Aussie photos to celebrate.
 "Brush Turkey"
Aussie's don't think much of these birds, but I love the bright yellow color. (or I should write 'colour')
 Lorikeets.  These birds are EVERYWHERE and they make me smile every time I see them.

Ibis.  In ancient Egypt these birds are considered sacred.  Here they are know as 'rubbish birds' because they will hang out at 'tipping stations' (garbage dumps).  I like them because they look so scraggly and weird.  They also remind me of my Missy dog because they are pretty large, but they will try to be 'dainty' and hop into little tiny bird baths.

 Cotton Tree Park across the street from our apartment where the kids play after school.

 The bay across the street from our apartment.  I love sitting on my balcony listening to the waves.

 Our apartment building.

 We can never be permanent residents here because we can't figure out the difference between footy and rugby.  The balls are different.  This is all I know.

 I was meant to live by the ocean.

 Kookaburra.  My favorite bird of all time.

 I need to cuddle some more koalas before we leave.

 Mum and Joey.  It doesn't get much cuter than that.

2 comments:

Stimey said...

Wow. GREAT photos. What a great thing for your kids to get to spend some of their growing up time in a different country. And I would LOVE to live by the ocean too. Or a river. Any body of water, really.

Also, please smuggle home some lorikeets for me. I kind of really super love them.

Anonymous said...

UT-UT-UT-UT-UT-UT-UT-UT-UT-UT