Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Staying off soap boxes and other problems

My blog has been very quiet lately. It's not that I haven't had anything to say, it's just that I don't feel up to getting on a political soap box with every post. I write my posts in my head every day, and then decide to not offend this group or that one and I delete it. And then, just as I get to a point where I've taken a deep breath and calmed down, another "issue" pops up and I get all pissy again. So, if I'm quiet, it's because I'm censoring my content. At some point, I will be able to thoughtfully and intelligently get on a soap box. Not right now though. At this point it's not even about one particular issue. (Unless I lump all government intrusions into one big ball of crap to discuss.)

My other problem? I can't get pictures off my damn camera. So, I have a bunch of pictures and video of my kids to post. But I can't. And Papa Echo keeps forgetting to help me when he's here for 24 hours.

Deep breath... Sorry fellow bloggers... I'll be back in the game soon... I'm just regrouping right now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Feel free to jump up on that soap box all you want - those of us with differing opinions can turn a blind eye while you vent your spleen. It does a person good to get a little pissy every now and then. Let it fly!!!

And as for the pictures, we're not going anywhere. Your loyal readers will happily ooh and ahh over your pictures whenever they are put up.

So just keep breathing and know we are here for you when the regrouping is done!

V

Michelle said...

I know how you feel about keeping silent, but I think that it's important for all voices to vent. I censor myself often because my views are not politically correct, but politically correct is not always right, it's just accepted by the masses on one level or another.

I read a bunch of people griping about the AZ immigration law. I live in illegal immigrant mecca, and I would love to see some of thses people sent home to get their papers legally. How's that for unpopular?